Dedicated to preserving the environment
At Erskine's Service Center, we do our part when it comes to protecting the environment because we cherish the planet and want to help preserve the earth for future generations. For us, practicing and participating in “green” initiatives isn't just a fad, its integrated deeply into our commitment to our customers, our employees, and the planet.
As we continue to learn and grow, we're excited to implement the following practices and procedures into all of our Erskine's Service Center across Ontario:
Waste Management Initiative
Waste Management is not only a waste collection company, but they also work with businesses to strategize ways to manage recycling and disposal systems while also recovering valuable resource and creating renewable energy. Dedicated to reducing our eco-footprint, we're proud to work with a company whose values align with our own.
Ontario Tire Stewardship Program
Ontario Tire Stewardship (OTS) is an Industry Funding Organization (IFO) incorporated under Ontario's Waste Diversion Act. This program collects scrap tires and diverts them away from landfills – to be reused in new ways. At Erskine's Service Center, we follow these practices to ensure our scrap tires are recycled in an eco-friendly way.
Take It Back Program
We follow the guidelines set by Dufferin County to properly 'take back' items for reuse, recycling, and proper disposal at local retailers, vendors, and organizations. This includes batteries, motor oil, antifreeze, radiators, scrap metal, tires, and beyond.
Our Environmental Fee
We at Erskine's Service Center are concerned about the proper handling and disposal of the materials we use or are generated by the maintenance and repair of your vehicles. We adhere to the Federal, Provincial, and Municipal guidelines laid down for their safe use and disposal. We also care about creating a safe workplace, keeping you safe, and maintaining a clean environment.
Therefore, we charge an Environmental Fee to cover these related costs:
- Pumping out of sumps and sludge removal from tanks designed to catch oil, degreasing and cleaning residues, and other hazardous materials.
- The purchase of government-mandated equipment for environmentally sound automotive maintenance and repair.
- Hazardous material use and handling training for staff.
- Liability insurance covering the safe handling, use, storage and disposal of hazardous cleaners, chemicals, lubricants, and oils.
- Environmental disposal fee charged by laundry companies
- Disposal and recycling for used antifreeze
- Disposal and recycling of used engine oil, fuel, and transmission filters.
- Disposal and recycling of used tires
- Disposal and recycling of used oils, transmission fluids, and lubricants.
- Disposal or recycling of used batteries.
- Recycling of used cardboard and paper.
- Recycling of all used plastics and plastic containers.
- Recycling of all scrap metals generated in repair processes.
- Providing safe and legal storage and processes for all of the above.
In addition to our recycling commitments, our workers make an effort to decrease the disposable packaging they bring their lunches in, turn off any unnecessary lighting, and use environmentally friendly cleaning products whenever possible.
Contact us today to learn more about our environmental commitments.